08 August, 2008

And all is right with the world....

Just got back from the airport- Dee has returned from Cairns and all is well....

Let me tell you, it was bl**dy cold this morning. I headed out at about 4:45- and yes I did have something to eat today before I left so I didn't blow up like yesterday. I kept my promise and did some hill work- I know it makes me strong, I know it makes me strong, I know it makes me strong.....if I keep telling myself that, maybe I'll learn to (like, suffer, endure- the choice is yours) them more.

Stopped by our favourite Bike Shop today on the way home this afternoon- just for a bit of chat- as you do. Mike asked what happened to me yesterday during the ride- nice to know your fellow riders take note when something is not quite right.

So tomorrow's ride should be on the cool side. Temps are supposed to be into the single digits first thing in the morning so I'll be digging out the woolies again- just when I thought the season had turned and we were heading for warmer temperatures.

Oh yes, somebody told me the Olympics start tonight. Gawd, I'm glad I'm not cycling through Beijing. That can't be good for one's lungs.

Ride safe
Cheers
BoaB

No comments: